Archive for the ‘Events’ Category
CRECO is a member organization of the Kenya Civil Society Competence and Sustainability Program (KCSCSP) “Viwango” and as a consortium seeking to strengthen civil society organizations through providing leadership in excellence and self regulation, CRECO sought to recognize the important role civil society organizations play in the democratization process in Kenya. (more…)
To deliver on the Devolution Promise for the year under Review the conference considered and made the following recommendations:
- THAT the conference reaffirmed its commitment to implementation of devolution in the coming years.
- THAT the Conference reaffirmed the commitment of County Governments to accountability to both the people of Kenya and the relevant oversight institutions as by law established.
- THAT it is necessary to ensure prompt and full transfer of all pending functions respecting the principle that resources follow functions Resolutions Devolution conference
CRECO AGM took place on 28th March 2014 at Lenana conference center and an election of the Management committee was done and the following were elected.
1. Chairperson – Rhoda Angela Musyoka – (CHRCE)
2. Vice Chairperson – Benedict Aminer – (RPP)
3. Secretary – Masese Paul – (CEDGG)
4. Vice Secretary – Pauline Mbodze (ILISHE TRUST)
5. Treasurer – Lydia Gaitirira - (AMKA)
6. Member I – Asenath Nyamu – (RCDA)
7. Member II – Peter Gitonga – (COBADES)
The human rights and governance organizations working under the auspices of the Police Reforms Working Group Kenya (PRWG-K) held their press conference today Friday 2014 and wished to register their concerns and utter disappointment with the slow pace of reforms within the National Police Service (NPS). They were particularly concerned with what appeared to be calculated strategies to scuttle the ongoing police vetting process and the realization of comprehensive police reforms
Download the statement at the below link.vetting press statement- LK CG RO edits
The national police service commission (NPSC) is a body corporate established under Article 246 of the Constitution of Kenya and enacted through an act of Parliament No. 30 of 2011In exercising its mandate as provided under section 7(2) and (3) of the National Police Service Act, 2011, the commission intends to conduct vetting of all officers to access and competence and to discontinue the service of any police officer who fails in the vetting. (more…)
Constitution & Reform Education Consortium (CRECO) has been involved in Monitoring of Elections in Kenya especially since the Kenyas 2010 Constitution referendum. In the year 2014 on 19th December, CRECO through its two staff (Boaz Mugoto & Martha Ndururi), observed the by elections in the four Constituencies out of six of Bungoma County. (more…)