In line with CRECO Network’s Strategic Plan 2011 – 2015, the following programmes are being run:
a) INSTITUTIONAL CAPACITY DEVELOPMENT
Overall Goal: To strengthen the CRECO Network members.
Purpose: Improved networking and collaboration within the CRECO network and other Civil Society Organisations.
- The improvement of CSO’s capacity in institutional and programme management, as well as adoption of good governance practices.
- Strengthening of the CRECO’s secretariat capacity.
- Improved networking and collaboration among the CRECO CSO’s
- Strengthening of the CRECO financial base.
- Improved recognition of CRECO as an administrative network.
b) CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
Goal: To realize effective public sector management through advocacy on public sector policy and legislation and the proper management of public institutions where effective collection, allocation and utilization of public finance will be realized.
Purpose: To enhance Community participation in governance and development.
- The development of a Comprehensive Monitoring & Evaluation System.
- Enhanced Citizen’s involvement in the constitutional implementation and institutional reform processes
- The realization of people responsive laws and policies.
- A reformed public sector that is sensitive to citizens’ needs and aspirations.
- The strengthened ability of CRECO members and other CSOs to carry out advocacy at national and county levels.
c) HUMAN RIGHTS
Goal: To promote, uphold and safeguard equality, equity and human dignity for all especially with regard to special interest groups.
Purpose: To promote equality, equity and human dignity for all.
- The realization of affirmative action for special interest groups.
- The realization of laws that are responsive to affirmative action.
- The promotion and enhancement of human dignity.